where the world is perfect but i am not

Friday, May 02, 2008

Silence is golden

People are usually scared of silence.

If you could ever find silence, people will always have to make some noise someway somehow. The world is so full of noise, it’s nearly impossible to find silence.

I, on the other hand, happen to believe that silence is golden.

Silence is where all our answers are. It’s where our truth is, our passion, our past, our future, our everything. All of our answers are in silence, if only you can find it.

Writing this comes with silence. It gets across the message like how I would have talked to you in person. But guess it’s better this way, because when you read this it would mean you are ready to hear what I have to say, because if you’re busy you wouldn’t have came in the first place.

Most of time I don’t really write what I know, but I write in order to find out what I know.

Makes me wonder though, is it possible to convey to a reader, you, the enormous degree of blankness, confusion and uncertainty in this very act of writing in silence?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am under the same sky with u when u hear nothing from me cause i need a long silence and be back when i ll be back.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Genova said...

noise is golden. hahahaha

4:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

joanne no more blog? silence is golden when u r talk to pro(knowledgeable person) or superior but talk crap or sweet talk is good to court gals....lol

8:01 PM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

jobie: will be waiting.

genova: counting the days to the court....:)

hito: that depends though, sweet talking don't always work u know :)

8:59 AM  
Blogger [ - eVe - ] said...

silence is good, but it depends. my closest coursemate talks nonstop if u start talking to her. im scared to start a conversation with her. haha. she talks till u will be wondering 'when can stop talking?' however,it's true when u say people learn more in silence. it is when u r able to observe more things n learn. i remembered there was a poem written by u. it says something like this...the clock ticks ...midnight,...something something....about listen, then at the end was...why cant we all be like that owl ? haha. thats really nice. can i have a copy of it ? so i can post it in my blog too. =) hehe!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Alyssa Ng said...

to be silent and to be the only person to enjoy that is pleasurable.

9:02 PM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

eve: you have good memory. i don't remember writing a poem about an owl something something midnight and why we can't all be like that. haha :) is it the one which says "the less i speak the more i hear? the less i hear the more i see? or something like that?" i don't know if i still keep a copy of anything i wrote before. but will let u know if it ever appears again in my room or somewhere in my mind :)

ally: silence is often the smartest answer one can give, u know. though it sometimes frustrates me, because i don't normally have the wisdom really understand whats going it. makes me want to shout behind the closed door kind of thing, if u get what i mean :)

4:37 PM  
Blogger [ - eVe - ] said...

haha... i thk it's something like what u remembered... hehe. i remember i found it in ur pencil box. =)that time u were sitting behind me in class. n i thk i took that poem of urs. not sure u gave it to me or what. haha. but i dont thk i stole it frm u kua... hehe.

10:57 PM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

i hv no memory about high schl years anymore. my brain is reduced to nothing but a few glimpse of who i used to be close to and how some teachers are quite stupid in their own ways. other than that i don't remember who was sitting in front of me or beside me even :-)

i have selective memory.

but since i don't remember myself ever giving u any poems or anything i kept in my pencil box, did i even have a pencil box back then, i suppose yea, u must have stolen it from me. and now the truth is spoken. u are a bad christian ;-)

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home