where the world is perfect but i am not

Thursday, March 27, 2008

When a picture is worth more

You know how we always try to look our best in photographs and almost always get disappointed whenever we don’t? It’s frustrating and disgusting when we see ourselves and wonder, ‘Is that me?’ or ‘Where am I, I thought I took the pictures with them?’

Sometimes we see people fiercely staring at the camera like they are really angry; sometimes we see them with their skull partly tilted to one side like their right brain is heavier than the left; sometimes we see them with that reeeally irritating smile and a peace sign which says ‘I’m powerless;’ sometimes we see them with their head so high up their nose are scraping the ceiling and sometimes, only sometimes, we see a decent unpretentious smile somewhere in the picture.

Fact is, I don’t like having my pictures taken. Worse still, published without my knowledge. Until I see it somewhere in the other side of the world and realize ‘Gee that face looks kinda familiar.’

Then again, we don’t always get to control the way things are in this world. People tend to take and publish your photos as they like. Some even have the tendency to photoshop you so you would have one less eye, or maybe a tainted tooth or they might just color your face so you looked bruised and make your pregnant.

Of course things are different when you are Katie Holmes or Brad Pitt or even Ellen DG; who always look good even if they don’t smile, because these people, they always have Gucci on, or Prada, or Chanel, and no one will ever care even if they wore their Dolce and Gabanna inside out. Better still, when they do decide not to dress up at all. God knows what will happen to me if I have my naked pictures taken!

Not only that, they have a pretty face which obviously earns them more than a penthouse on Fifth Avenue. So you see, that is the reason why they don’t mind having their pictures taken and published and photoshopped. Simply because they are generously paid.

Unlike me. Sigh.

I’m starting to wonder why I’m writing this post. I’m not ranting or anything but guess I have to get the message through that, unless you are selling it to Vogue or Cleo for a cover page, please kindly don’t take and publish my freaking photos anymore.

Thank you for your future cooperation.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel the same way. With all the social networking websites, MySpace, Friendster and what have you, you can't really avoid your picture from being posted somewhere online. The only way to control this is not to have your picture taken at all! But where's the fun to it eh? I think I've seen a picture of you somewhere before, so now I know you already without actually knowing you, which isn't really necessarily a bad thing.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Alyssa Ng said...

i don't mind if i am being photographed or i photographed others. but what i do mind is the fact that sometimes, photographs of me turned out to be crap!

crap is a bother, what is more bothersome is when the crap of me is publicised! =/

i don't like photographs of me being photoshopped and published without permission as well. invasion of privacy. =)

7:20 AM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

emily: i don't mind taking photos with ppl though most of the time i dislike the idea of it but usually i just give in because it would be rude to decline no matter how politely you do that. what more they might just take your photos anyway and photoshop them worse than your worst nightmares. u've seen a picture of me somewhere? lol. i've seen a picture of you everywhere.

ally: nods nods. u totally got my message. craps arent meant to be publicised at all. not only invasion of privacy, its beyond intruding your human rights. its beyond immoral, beyond my scrutiny and above all totally unacceptable :)

3:53 PM  
Blogger Alyssa Ng said...

kanak kanak veteren, you are tagged! =P

9:24 PM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

yea thats very nice of you ;p

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home