where the world is perfect but i am not

Friday, July 04, 2008

Another brick on the wall

I squinted at the bright evening sun at the far end of the horizon before turning to walk along the beach. I hardly saw the buildings standing against the light but knew that the sun will set in less than an hour’s time. It was windy as I hear the sea turning in splits and splashes on the shore while the glare of the sun was just the right temperature for a stroll. I was light headed.

I narrowed my eyes to close down my field of vision. A few baby crabs crawling lightly around here and there, but I made no attempts to catch them. They often moved in a balletic path, almost spiraling at times and whirled back up. Funny creatures; but I left them alone.

I thought briefly about the meeting not long ago. It has barely been a week since the day we last met, but fewer meetings than any of us would have liked, is the way it should be, I guess. We had exchanged many of our thoughts, mainly about the shared past we have had about work, our daily lives, hopes and sometimes vaguely, the future.

I often feel liberated when speaking to her. Any kind of self revelation is so rare for me that the mere fact of spending several hours with one human being who focused mainly about what interests me, has given me an unfamiliar sense of release. What will happen in a month time, when the long winter will be spent around the blistering cold with no familiar life?

3 Comments:

Blogger Genova said...

play the tunes in the nanny's diary.

FREEDOM!!!!!
FREDOMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hi...perhaps embrace the new ..situations ...why be love in with familiarity...what ever is yours will come your way anyway...:)

12:51 AM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

genova: yes will do just that perhaps. lol...

suresh: yea, why be in love with familiarity. good question ;-)

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home