where the world is perfect but i am not

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Jobless weekends with perspectives

Weekends without having to work is somehow quite good, at least now I get to compensate for the beauty sleep I cannot have during the weekdays. This weekend has been rather unproductive in a way, met up with some few people and didn’t manage to finish some of my work for the presentations this week. And now I guess I have to compensate for my uncompensated compensation.

Didn’t I always say when I draw a line, don’t cross it? Heck, now I’ve crossed my own line. Right, I should take a step back. Or rather run back before it is too late. How strange, must we always be behind the line we draw?

Anyway, this is just another post of nothing significant. Just thought somebody would like to hear something from me. Or not.

My finals are coming really soon and before you know it, July will just drop by uninvited as you see yourself shouting behind the closed door for June to wait for you. Been praying for more time lately but guess that is quite impossible because the last I check; universal time is still 24 hours a day, until further notice.

However today, I realize a different purpose to my being; I see a light at the end of the tunnel, a mission, a legacy. I am more than this person rushing for assignments and trying to graduate with flying colors. I’ve always believed true education only begins after one graduates. Such a hypocrite I am, while underrating the education I get I still regard highly of the recognition I get from it.

Guess it is true; in life; we are not merely one thing. We are above all; at least, a dozen things. We usually live in grey matters; neither black, nor white. What keeps us standing is merely our belief system, which distinguishes for ourselves what is true to our heart. And then when we believe in something so real, it somehow brings to life a purpose to live on.

But in the end, who cares?

Who cares if we are merely one thing, or a dozen things?

Fact remains, that everyone is here for a reason. I shouldn’t be alive, if it is not for a reason – that I know in my heart is right.

P/S: Eve, I found this for you:

A wise old owl lived in an oak

The more he saw the less he spoke

The less he spoke the more he heard

Why can’t we all be like that bird?

2 Comments:

Blogger [ - eVe - ] said...

hey !~ haha...weekends free ask me out la. hehe. since ur still here. next time won be able to cu anymore le. =(

thx alot for remembering the poem! ya, this is the one i;ve been looking for years. haha.

9:04 PM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

don't worry u will still be able to see me. not like i won't be coming back anymore :)

u've been looking for years?! maybe u've been looking at the wrong places :) should have asked me earlier.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home