where the world is perfect but i am not

Sunday, June 29, 2008

A matter of trust

Just got back from a wedding dinner buffet and am still stupefied by the event. There were so many speeches made by the groom, the bride, the groom's father, the bride's father, the emcee, the mother in law here, the mother in law there.....haiseh. Anyway, this is the first time I attended a Singh's wedding. There were boisterous laughters and singing and dancing.....phew, just exactly like the ones we see in Hindustani films.

The bride spoke something about a happy marriage. She said, all things aside, a happy marriage begins when you marry the person you love. But with time, things will only work out when you love the person you marry. Hmm, I couldn't help but stopped eating half way through to repeat the phrase again and again in my head. I wonder if both have different meanings at all. They sound the same to me.

The phrase reminded me of another familiar phrase I came to read about, telling us that no matter what happens, we should not trust others. This phrase, also got me thinking, as it appears rather superficial to me. The more I think of it, the more I realise that in reality, this phrase hardly exists at all; because it is never really about not trusting others or holding back your trust about something or someone. More often the issue has always been more about how to not trust anything or anyone, but only yourself.

P/S: You should tell me, if you know how. Have a nice weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hi...nice post...she is right perhaps...things work only when you work on lovin some body...better so in marriage...its two different things..cheers!

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home