where the world is perfect but i am not

Friday, August 03, 2007

Things you don't have to know

Realized with horror that semester resumes next Monday and I have not finish reading a single book even. So I took ‘The prince and the Pauper’ by Mark Twain and settled down in my study area. I thought perhaps the studious atmosphere might help but I can’t say it made much difference. I still can’t remember who lived in Offal Court not far from London Bridge and who lived in the Royal Court by the family name of Tudor.

Winter break helped me discover a new channel on television. It is called Channel Nine and it is for minorities, like intellectuals and people who belong to Sudoku clubs. At last I have found a spiritual viewing home. I think Channel Nine will transform Malaysian society. All the morons in the country will start watching it and get a taste of real patriotism and a new cultural experience. Yes, the country is in for a new Renaissance! However I think it still needs better marketing strategies to advertise its existence because though it is okay now, it still lacks a certain je ne sais quoi (French for something or other).

The neighborhood dog made a terrible faux pas today. It went berserk again and ripped up my stack of newspaper near the gate. I have been looking forward to sell them to the newspaper collector in return for some cash so I was heartbroken to see them defiled. Newspapers are always respected literature in the past. To be a dog living in the neighborhood for centuries and not knowing that is such a disgrace. I have always thought it as an individualist, but now it can only be treated like other dogs. I felt like kicking it around the flat but I let it off lightly by chucking it down the stairs. I think it will have to go the vet’s. Just in case it has got a brain malfunction.

A lady called to ask what I was doing for the coming Independence Day. I told her the usual seasonal stuffs, get up late, have loads of sweeten carbohydrates and a bottle of insulin before going to bed. The television commentator usually says it is a massive celebration so I normally pretend to watch the procession and dramatic sequence of flowery warship vehicles with awe. She was disgusted by my attempts to be a true Malaysian and hung up on me.

This was supposed to be a post on my mother. I had wanted to write about how mothers can be so blinded sometimes, they are capable of breaking me with their verbal adjectives and fundamental grammars. While others have mothers who often encourage them and believe in their children, mine is the total opposite. Who can blame me if I turn out to be a mentally deranged adult? I am currently in breakdown mode. Nobody knows about it other than you. I am still thinking if mother’s judgment on me was dead right.

Sometimes I wonder if I was left outside the door in a box during midnight and mother just happen to be compassionate enough to let me cohabitate with her 21 years ago.

2 Comments:

Blogger linsey said...

you alright?
nvm, i'll see you later =)

5:25 PM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

Still standing. Aights. C u later.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home