where the world is perfect but i am not

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Hard fax that come by

Cameron Diaz once said she is a vagina with a thought, and that is almost an irony in Hollywood. But I am beginning to discover that in my country, people are becoming less human and more disturbing.

Flipping through the papers this morning, I read about a teenager caught red handed for pick pocketing. He was released on bail and I wonder if he would steal again. Or will he go around begging instead. Then I read about the disheartening crash of the Nuri chopper. They discovered 6 RMAF soldiers’ dead body. I wonder why the Defense Ministry still make them use it after so many deaths. Do they never learn? Obviously there is something mysteriously wrong about those vehicles. Peoples’ lives here are at stake because of their actions! After that I read about the never ending Mongolian murder trial. The brutal slaughter of the neighborhoods child. The suicide bombings which killed 17 innocent civilians. These cases of rape, abuse, robbery, you name it, is not something new anymore nowadays. In fact, if there is none, it is a miracle.

You can understand now why sometimes I prefer to just skip the earlier parts and go straight to the comic’s section. At least while reading comics, I am alleviated from the pains of reality. They make me sober. No, they keep me sober.

Having said all of these, I am only being a chronic critic, censurer, and complainer. I am one but still I am one. Yet I am doing nothing more than being aware of public encounters. I am doing nothing while I should be a supporter, a protagonist, an optimist.

What happened to me? (Shakes head)

Dr.Grey is right. Everybody in this world can fall blindly in love, believing that all they need is someone to wake up to, but not everybody can manage a scalpel and save a life. If you have two completely capable working hands, then you better work. Especially if you are equip with creditable knowledge and talent. There are many people out there who are in need of help. You don’t need an inspiration to start working. You don’t wait for inspirations to come to you! These helpless people out there, aren’t they inspirational enough to you?

Now that I realize my lost dream, is actually to become a doctor. But like I mentioned before, it is a lost dream. And I’ve learnt in time, that not everything that is lost can be found.

Maybe I’m destined to only be a patient; and never on the other side of the bed. Many things had happened during high school years. So many events, that they constantly rock and vacillate my firm beliefs in friendship, love, hope, betrayal, revenge and truth. Things normally don't turn up the way I anticipate them to. So don't tell me the popular phrase of if you believe you can, you can.

I suppose now, I don’t even know how to believe anymore.

Do you?

6 Comments:

Blogger Genova said...

u may not like the phrase 'if you believe you can, then you can'. but the truth behind the reversal of the phrase is still there. if you dont believe you can, then you defintely cant.

7:15 PM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

its not that i don't like the phrase, or the meaning behind it. or over it. beside it. under it. in fact you might be right even, about the reversed phrase. i just don't think it still has any impact on me. it sounds like a cliche, an overused, jaded phrase.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Genova said...

you just made it sound like ur dont like it or maybe even jaded with it.

1:08 AM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

theres a difference between disliking it and has no feelings for it. maybe when you get that right, i will let you have the last say :)

4:08 PM  
Blogger Genova said...

comment reserved :)

7:19 PM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

comment outstripped :)

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home