where the world is perfect but i am not

Friday, June 22, 2007

Shattered glass

D’s car wind mirror was struck by something at the speed of light yesterday. Everything happened so fast no one was given a second to think or act. Before we realize what was happening the wind mirror was shattered into a proportion of somewhat cellulose look-a-like. It didn’t break instantly though there were sounds of continuous cracking soft enough for the traffic to overcome, but loud enough to send shivers to my spine. It felt like being in a time bomb that could explode anytime.

Because it occurred at night, driving was difficult. With the shattered glass; to see what was in front of us was almost impossible with the inconsistent lightings from the lamp posts. It seems at that time the only consolation was we were not far from home, so D drove carefully back with the assistance of two diligent co-drivers, one of them being me. Before I start any unnecessary concern, everyone present at the scene is fine and still walking. Only the car glass is in a tragic mess. Although at this expense, it is still wounded with style. The cracks were parallel and somewhat beautifully organized, or horribly disproportioned, depending on how you look at it.

I can’t imagine what would consequently happen if the glass were to break and fly over to our senses and appendages in a blink of an eye. What would happen if a piece of shattered glass decides to fall apart to D, considering how vulnerable his position is? What would be left of me if it was I whom fate wants to play a trick on last night?

I don’t think there is any meaningful material that I have left behind in memory of me for my family. Apart from several photos and the collection of books that I keep, it is almost certain that I offer literally nothing more; nothing less. Well, except maybe all sorts of public nuisance and private miseries, muddles and misunderstandings.

All these thinking reduced to one finalized question - what I would want to be doing if there were only a few minutes of my life left to spare. Few minutes, in this case, seem generous considering how a twist of fate can change anything; or anyone in a split second.

Maybe when I find out the answer to that, I will be able to live a more meaningful life.

Though I don’t really know what I would want for my last minutes of life, I think I have an idea close enough. At least I think I have.

What about you? How would you want to spend the last minutes of your life?

8 Comments:

Blogger Genova said...

Don't even think about it

12:08 AM  
Blogger j0bie said...

i ady start thinking what is after life like rather then what i wud wanna be doin instead...

1:36 AM  
Blogger samantha w said...

i tot abt this b4.n my answer is i'm gonna start writing letters for every1,put them in diff color envelopes and put them all in a box.So when i'm goin to die,i wil tel sum1 to korek that box out and distribute the letters.lik dat i wil die peacefully coz i tel what i 1 2 tel to every1 ^-^ but havent start writing those letters tho.lol.

1:10 PM  
Blogger linsey said...

jior you!
*touch wood touch wood*

yamchar! yays!

1:19 PM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

genova: its just an afterthought. nothing to worry about.

jobie: maybe you can think of the transformation process too.

samantha: wonder what will i get. i want green envolope ya.

linsey: thanks for the rides. yam char!!!!

11:17 PM  
Blogger Alyssa Ng said...

hmm.. i have not thought about this.. now i will.. good idea to waste some minutes and and put some brain cells to work.. thanks!

but then again.. the thought of dying turns me off. never like the thought at all..

7:23 AM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

its not really thinking so much about death. but to think what will happen to ourselves in another life. or so i wld like to believe.

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

to live life totally unafraid.....perhaps would be my way ..

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home