where the world is perfect but i am not

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Why I deserve a scholarship

I am a less remote figure, often seen tapping the desk and looking around. I have known to model a smoking volcano in my fourth year, making them more intriguing with verbal sound effects. I translate my mother tongue for Canadian tourists, I write award winning essays, and I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I wake up before the alarm clock rings three days in a row.

I impress old men with skill and style when piano playing; I can pedal bicycles with critical speed and I can bake twenty minutes cake in ten minutes. I am an expert in painting, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Singapore.

I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a democrat. I don’t smoke. I camped in the field for a good course. My deft floral plantings have earned me fame in neighborhood botany. Children smile at me.

I play the guitar, I was recruited by the Rangers, I was voted president in class for five consecutive years. When I am bored I build sand castles for my pet tortoise, Gordon. Critics worldwide condemn over my original style of formal wear.

I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic and my fees are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I play the piano for a ballet school to continue living. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down.

I breed prize winning oysters. I have won chess competitions and spelling bees. I have read Shakespeare, I have gone through blood donation and I have spoken to God.

But I have not yet gone to university.

p/s: And you wonder why I never got the scholarship.

5 Comments:

Blogger j0bie said...

GOD must have prepared smtg better for u with this path ur on right now...:)

10:35 PM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

maybe. Just maybe. Its time like this when faith comes in handy right.

12:03 AM  
Blogger shsysh said...

agnes.hey.
jz talked to michelle.she told me abt you.you emailed me eh?so sorry my email was shut down cos i am not really using msn right now.sorry i left you (well and everybody else too.they were asking..) in the dark.
i use yahoo now for formal purposes.here: syafashukri@yahoo.com.hope life's been treating you good.mine is better left unsaid.nothing you haven't heard of.

9:07 PM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

Its good you are suddenly being reminded of me. I don't suppose you will be reading this reply but what the heck, thanks for the mail. We shall converse there then. Guess i should go thank mich now.

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. Thanks for the attention, bye). Até mais.

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home