where the world is perfect but i am not

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Do you have a perspective?

A book once read, ‘When does a story truly begin?’

In life, there is never a clear cut moment where we can turn back and say for certain that that is when our story actually started. Despite having arranging for important appointments or merely attending a ceremony, most of the time we aren’t conscious if it marks the beginning of a story. However, sometimes when fate intersects with daily events, it is inevitable for us to not ponder why; or ask when did it all begin. No matter how small or big the story may be.

Do you believe that everyone who enters our life has a unique lesson to teach us?

When someone lies to you, steals from you, inflicts injury upon you, mocks you, breaks your heart, holds a grudge against you, betrays you, ridicules you, do you learn from these people to be a better person? Accept these people for who they are and don’t even for a moment wish that you would have not known them instead?

During my younger days (don’t you just hate that phrase), there was time when I was hooked on the news of UFOs and X-Files and was genuinely concerned about visitors from the outer space. I totally believed in extrasensory powers and worshipped bioengineering and life science, and was sure that gene therapy and advanced computers would bring about the perfect human being.

And so my mother believed her child was beyond cure.

It was not until a certain age, that I begin to lose interest in issues of UFOs. I realized to an extent, that there are many things in life that cannot be deciphered easily and decided best to leave them in peace. You can say maybe I was not persistent enough, and gave up easily on my interest, but I guess I didn’t really care about it anyway.

Life had so many things going on, and while I met more and more people, I changed. People somehow always affected the way I looked at things, though I have learnt to be less malleable and consistent now. I mean, with the ever growing environment we live in, it is difficult for anyone to remain constant. Just take a look at the weather outside, even god is volatile.

Makes me wonder, does it rain in June?

…I am loosing my point here.

I guess what I am trying to say is; I need a perspective.

I need somewhere to begin; something to hold on to; someone to follow.

I NEED A PERSPECTIVE.

8 Comments:

Blogger suYin said...

I agree that those kind of people actually makes you grow stronger. Better. Sometimes, yeah, I do think why must I encounter with this sort of people in my life, makes things complicated, but thinking from the other point of view, you actually gain something at the same time you're losing something.

I doubt myself has a clear perspective as well. -.-"

10:50 AM  
Blogger j0bie said...

I'm still the same old Joanne you know. Never change for a better Joanne although had learned lessons.

I am just like you.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Genova said...

inefficient stairs climbing.

1:03 AM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

suyin: we are all in the same boat.

jobie: ppl always change. maybe inadvertently but nonetheless they still do.

genova: irrelevant comment. feedback denied.

12:41 PM  
Blogger The Jack Sparrow said...

gmail.com

1:21 PM  
Blogger The Jack Sparrow said...

haha. A true fact indeed. I believe we face probelms we face because we shud face it. It prepares us for the future. as i endure this things i turned from a boulder to a almost perfect sculpture. So only people can create problems for us and only problems can better us. GOD SPEED.

1:29 PM  
Blogger linsey said...

*jeng jeng jeng*
perspective coming right up!
=D

3:54 PM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

yea. although it may be difficult but problems actually hit us at times hard enough so we realise who we really are.

where, linsey?

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home