where the world is perfect but i am not

Thursday, March 05, 2009

About to graduate and currently underpaid

Hi again

We had a career fair in the uni on Tuesday and there were many booths, about 40 I think. The good news is, I got around 40 booths and collected many free pens and first aid kits and brochures. The bad news now, is that all of them only hire residents. Meaning, because I'm under visa, my chance of getting a job in RBA or any other departments is about 0.00001%. Here, they actually have a special intelligence unit in the government. I don't know what do they do, but it really sounds like a sexy place to work in. Sounds like 10x better than ISA. Ha ha ha.

So apart from being devastated for having no chance at getting an actual career, I am now seriously thinking about doing another year of Honors degree. Hopefully by then I will be eligible for a PR, which omfg still needs about another five grand to apply.

I know there must approximately be about one billion or more graduates around the world this year, anyone interested in sharing their future plans??

4 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa Ng said...

Haha.. I like to go to fairs.. Loads of freebies. The local exhibitors were very generous in deed. I got a free umbrella last year and it is still usable until today! :P

Anyway, you were right about finding jobs. Get the visa renewed maybe before finding any job? Is there like a working visa which you could switch into? Studying is an option as well but of course the hours will be limited for working? Is it the same in Aussie?

Usually government jobs need one to be a resident here. I am tempted to try out the RAF jobs in the UK but I had to do a one year pupillage first. RAF is the Royal Air Force. Haha..

7:18 PM  
Blogger shsysh said...

kata dah buat?

7:21 AM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

Working visa only if the company is willing to sponsor you, if not, i think a TR is the second best option.RAF lol...cool. they have all kinds of defense dept here as well. but your fair can get free umbrella is so much cooler...;-)

dah buat.

10:18 PM  
Blogger [ - eVe - ] said...

aiya no opinion. but i have a ques wor.
arent u coming back ? ^_-

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home