where the world is perfect but i am not

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Finally

I’m back here after adjusting myself here at a foreign place. Have not really adapted myself very good yet so far, but it is coming in. I might not be posting anything much for the coming weeks I guess. Uni classes are starting next week, and am very grateful to let you know, that I have found a job here.

Will be playing the piano for the WA Conservatoire of Classical Ballet School and the WA Dancing Company. The latter offers much higher wage, but I get a heart attack very often because it is an open class for professional dancers and I need to play like about seventy thousand songs in an hour, which is with tango, waltz or any rhythm suitable for arabesques or plies or tendus in mind.

But I get to play on a grand, which is so cool. I tried for my first today at the Regal Theatre. Not bad for a start I guess, although I probably need more music than what I have now. Any nice sheets please do send over.

Have done my tax file number and medical insurance coverage and bank accounts all ready last week. Can you imagine, for every dollar I earn here, I get taxed for 30% of it?

Anyway, this is what I can update you five readers out there about myself after a week here. Will keep you posted.

Until then, cheers.

12 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa Ng said...

good start! keep up the good work~~~

i will be taxed 22% each week which is horrible.. it will come up to about 1/5 of my monthly wages.. sighhhh..

5:17 AM  
Blogger Genova said...

grand pianist
keep up the good work

12:43 AM  
Blogger millymin said...

wow!! grand piano!! wow!!
i think i wont be able to stop wow-ing... haha... well congrats on getting yourself a job :)
hope to see you real soon =)

11:47 AM  
Blogger [ - eVe - ] said...

hey...glad to hear frm u. =) couldnt online in hostel. lousy wireless system. anyway, good to hear that ur doin ok. haha.. amazing. ur forever the greatest pianist. really hope things will get better for u. good luck fren! =) it needs time.

2:20 PM  
Blogger darius said...

woah....izzit true...congratulation for u...unbeliveble...cool agnes...im happy to hear dat anyway...all d best for u...ok...

11:16 PM  
Blogger private TS said...

Glad to hear from you after taking a break from blogging...

1:17 PM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

ally: 22% each week?! god. but at the end of financial year, they will give u back if u earn less than a certain amount right?

genova: grand pianist not a regular job. only as a casual haha. although pay is good. ballet school one is regular. but pay much less. get ur ass here asap ;-)

millymin: let me know when u arrive, we can go makanmakan at taka!

eve: m not greatest, although it sounds good. haha. yea, hope things wil be better too. havent got much new friends here, but guess will come by in awhile later.a lot of walking here, ntg much tho. quite boring without familiar faces and activities.

darius: yea thanks, will be waiting for ur ass to be here also.

ts: thanks for dropping by. good to hear from u too.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Alyssa Ng said...

yep.. you are right. that's every april each year. need to fill in another form summore. haiz.. troublesome to get back your own money.

5:48 AM  
Blogger nuclear said...

cool! u found a job that u love. and it's on a grand piano! ^^ take care aite..

7:14 PM  
Blogger shsysh said...

so nice to hear that you're doin fab.i still couldnt find myself a job and you've already got like 2 jobs?jealous nye ;p

9:58 AM  
Blogger ReadMeReadYou said...

hey khoo.. hope that in all the exitement you have not forgotten me.. by the way it is way cool that u r finally settled there and that you r hvg a fantastic time!!!
good luck wif ur job but hey dun forget to have fun k!!!

1:25 AM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

ally: so don't work too hard, just work enough, imagine the exchange rate, u work one hour there equals 2 days pay here i think :)

nuclear: what makes u think it's a job i like?

shark: u are choosing jobs i guess. arent u :) besides, mara can afford to increase ur COLA. lol.

readmereadu: same to you, how will i ever forget u even, only ula maybe will forget me! cheers.

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home