where the world is perfect but i am not

Sunday, March 16, 2008

The funny thing is...

I didn’t know this, but a blook means a book published from a blog. It’s amazing what the digital world is making to our vocabularies. The next thing you know they might just sell their blooks on ebay and call them blookebay or ebloeay or something.

Speaking of ebay, I’ve been thinking of getting entrepreneurial and sell something one of these days. Maybe I would put my brother on auction just to see how much he’s worth :-)

Did some odd jobs today; apart from hardly completing half of my assignment. Studied some industrial relation rules in preparation for the upcoming test. Fried two eggs for lunch. Scolded the neighborhood dog for an hour in the evening. Another day has gone by. It will really be scary if each day is like this.

Things are pretty hectic now since it’s almost the mid semester already. I can see myself starting to avoid the crowd again. It’s not like I get to avoid them whenever I like because the school is such a small place; we’re bound to meet each other again in 5 minutes anyway. But I do try to avoid unnecessary encounters.

I’m not anti-social if you think I am. I don’t know how my father and mother brought me up as a child, however since childhood I was always on guard and never gullible. I always knew how to preserve distance; had a strong sense of privacy and could not understand the so-called brotherhood or sisterhood culture manifested by some cliques during school days. I was much more a solo.

P/S: I’ve just received and immediately declined an invitation to a wedding luncheon on March 30th. Apparently a long lost friend is getting married. I must admit, that she was once a very close friend of mine. But the funny thing is, I’m not at all thrilled. Or feel anything a person is suppose to feel when a friend is tying the knot.

In fact, I’m indifferent.

Why am I not moved by this supercalifragilisticexpialidocious news?

I’m starting to wonder myself. But guess personally, if given the choice, I would attend a funeral rather than a wedding. Hmm...

15 Comments:

Blogger Genova said...

how can u turn down good food ?

10:43 PM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

good food is nothing compared to great company

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm now more on lone ranger too..

ps: i know 'who-getting-married' ?

2:02 PM  
Blogger Alyssa Ng said...

so you are not attending the wedding i supposed.. why you'd rather attend a funeral than a wedding? strange le..

6:02 PM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

jobie: .........sat cakap tau sat cakap tak tau...apala u.hope pigeon shit on you next time...:)

ally: funeral is for me to pay my last respect so i will turn up. unlike a wedding which i often find out of place, what not with having to find a suitable attire and such.wedding days are often a day where ppl tend to judge others base on their appearance and thats another reason why i don't quite like weddings.maybe because i don't really hv a nice appearance.or attire.or both :) anyway, its not strange.funerals are better attended than weddings.simply because i respect the occasion more.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Alyssa Ng said...

alright. i accept your explanation. =D

by the way, blook sounded funny.. lol..

1:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aku tau la

12:58 PM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

ally: blooks :)

jobie: apala!

9:40 PM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

ally: blooks :)

jobie: apala!

9:41 PM  
Blogger suYin said...

i tak tau?

12:43 AM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

you sudah lewatla. manyak lewat. u mau tau?

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should go to the wedding. You might get more than you bargain for! Unless this person is your ex-boyfriend... :)

12:32 AM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

emily: i'm not the occasion kinda person. hate parties. hate crowds. hate noise. yaya...boring me :)

7:02 PM  
Blogger suYin said...

haha sudah tentu mau tau...

6:53 PM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

But i don't think you know her. Shes 2 years our senior.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home