where the world is perfect but i am not

Thursday, September 20, 2007

By the inches


I don't know what to say really.

You know when you get old in life;


Things get taken away from you.
I mean that's part of life
but you only learn that when you start losing stuffs.

One day you'll find out that life is a game of inches
so is football


because in either game, in life or football, the margin for error is so small.


I mean


one half a step too late or too early
and you don't quite make it.


One half second too slow or too fast
and you don't quite catch it.

The inches we need are everywhere areound us.


They're in every break of the game,
every minute,
every second.


On this day


we fight
for that inch.


On this day


we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces
for that inch.



we claw with our fingernails
for that inch.

Because we know,
when we add up all those inches,
that is going to make the fucking difference


between winning and losing.


between living and dying.

And I'll tell you this


in any fight;
it’s the guy who is willing to die that is going to win that inch.
And I know
if I am going to have any life anymore
it’s because I’m still willing to fight and die
for that inch.

Because that’s what living is
the six inches in front of your face.

Now I can't make you do it.


You got to look at that person inside your heart
look into his eyes
and I think you're going to see a guy who will go that inch with you.
You will see that guy
who will sacrifice himself for you
because he knows when it comes down to it
you're going to do the same thing for him.


That’s life, ladies and gentlemen.

That’s all it is.

Now, what are you going to do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home