where the world is perfect but i am not

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Strange but true

Ever since I discovered that there were almost thirty plus species of plants in my garden four days ago, I have decided to be a good host and water them twice everyday; once in the morning and another in the evening.

My first attempt started off well. I woke up early, early enough, to water them before they expose themselves to the burning heat of the sun. Because they all looked somewhat demised, I couldn’t stand having to see them suffer silently so I fed them each a few spoons of fertilizer. After five hours, I checked on them again and they all looked prolific and astounding - just like the Grammy awards.

Nowadays when I attend to them, they would bow at me, for saving their lives when they were most crucial. Being their savior, I can’t reject their honorary behaviors blindly. I feel it is disrespectful to ignore such blessings from Mother Nature. Hence I give them my one finger salute whenever I visit them, as an act of reciprocal gesture. These plants are powerful mortals for they had given me a sense of self glory when I saved them from the verge of destruction.

With this, I would like the take the opportunity to thank the plants who helped mold my personality today, especially to my begonias. You were a source of inspiration, my true guidance to imperfections. You have shown me that one must always stay robust against all source of turbulence when you held on through the sizzling sun. You have shown me the meaning of genuine generosity when you didn’t fight back the flea that reproduced on your healthy leaf. In fact, I seriously find that very inconsiderate of him.

Last but not least, thank you for being there when I needed you. I know I have made a very significant moral choice when I took up the challenge to take care of all of you. Honestly sometimes I feel you are beyond my capabilities when you puncture me mercilessly with your rigid thorns. But I will survive and strive on as long as you don’t give up trying to live for yourself. Maybe I will start a trust fund for us one day.

When I lack of something better to do.

Now that it struck me, it is almost beyond belief; that I am actually in control and could destroy or preserve thirty over species of living plants with my bare hands.

Wow.

Then again, nahh…the Malaysian reject is still human until further notice.

7 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa Ng said...

i can't believe you could write something about gardening. i have 'lost' my green hands now. haha.. anyway, i enjoyed reading all of your posts.

keep it up.

happy St Valentines' day.

this celebration is a big affair in the UK.

5:55 PM  
Blogger wonderbunny said...

huaa... i was laughing from the beginning till the end. especially this:

...they would bow at me, for saving their lives when they were most crucial. Being their savior, I can’t reject their honorary behaviors blindly.

good one~

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good personification there. Your English teacher would be proud of you! ;) Hopefully no one saw the one finger salute. Don't want to give the neighbors strange ideas!

2:57 AM  
Blogger nuclear said...

lol.. this post really makes me laugh.. u can make gardenin topic into a fun post to read..hehe..great! ^^

and Happy Chinese New Year, Agnes!

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice and sensitive piece..:)

7:02 PM  
Blogger Genova said...

wordless
..............

11:48 PM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

very promising comments. especially the last. thank you.

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home