where the world is perfect but i am not

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Something similar

Last evening, I went to the garden, and wondered why I had never once stood long enough to appreciate the beauty that has always been existent. Standing on the center spot of the grass, I could smell the freshness of nature, as flowers are starting to bloom after a blissful shower of rain. The sun sank in the blaze of red, and soon the sky was swept with purple and blue black tints. I could feel the cold night breeze against my face, and I shivered as I hear the leaves rustled. I looked up and saw shiny stars scattered so far away, like little diamonds in folds of velvet. It was cold, but still I lingered.

Looking back with the wisdom of age, I cannot help but be amazed at my own crass absurdity, considering the people I had chosen to be closed to in the past. There were moments, as I recall, surreal and dream like in quality, golden, unalterable and forever sixteen. The naivety was overwhelming, surpassing hours of prying eyes and overcastting the spell of panics and fears. Never had I once thought about how things should really be, my youth, daring and fervor, had led life towards a maze without exits, causing much anguish, to those around and myself.

In life, everyday and every experience is unique, but nobody is happy all the time. Most of us go through life as much money and property as we can, more often afraid to open the door and answer pleas from people close to us, usually walking away from those in need. Turning a deaf ear to those who try to speak, and a blind eye to those who try to make us see.

Have you ever thought to yourself, what is actually the measure of life?

When all is said and done, is it how long? Is it how much? Or is it who you meet along the way?

Can you recall; when the happiest moment of your life was?


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

there are times when i read what you write and i am lost for words...
because although i relate to what you say, i never thought of it on my own...

i think life is crazy and mysterious and inexplicable...
i don't understand half the things that happen

so, it's really difficult for anyone to try to answer that last impactful question...

i guess, the truth is there is no definite answer on how life is measured, or rather the meaning of it....

maybe, we don't need to know how to measure something so mysterious...
we just live it, in the best way we believe we can..

:)

6:24 PM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

i have an answer for that last question. but to have an answer for that could mean u r not as happy for the moment isnt it? there may not be a need to know how to measure life, it differs from a person to another, but more often my life is made more interesting with the ppl i meet alongside the experiences i have with them along the way. don't always life the best way i believe i can though :-) its good if u are.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Global Youth Symposium said...

am i living my life the best way i can?
got me thinking...
well, i noe that i definitely try...

i did wish that we cud be more transparent when we are around ppl and not only in blogs (i'm very much referring to myself)...
but then, words like implications of actions, change, fear flashes by and we'd prefer keeping many things to our self...

well, i guess, i would have write more on this issue of transparency esp since i can't really find an answer for it...

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops....that was me...not global youth symposium

5:50 PM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

I am not transparent. So far in life, I can count only three ppl that I've really open up myself to.

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home