where the world is perfect but i am not

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Sincerely yours

More often than never we hear people say, “Sorry but that is the way I am…I was like this in the beginning until now and ever shall be.”

And I think that is just a convenient motto and a self delusion that people always have around them. I don’t know about you but whenever anyone says that, they make me feel as if they do not want to grow up.

Then again they are also the same bunch of people who thinks it is socially fashionable to frequently ask ‘Who am I?’

But guess the fact is; I have come to believe, there is very little ‘real self’ inside anyone of us. Eventually, whether we like it or not, we are what we are committed to. Although I won’t be so arrogant to make this a universal claim because it may not apply to everyone.

However, when I tell you my thoughts; I am actually locating myself in a category. And when I tell you my feelings, I am telling you about me.

So when I expose my nakedness to you as a person, do not make me feel shame.

2 Comments:

Blogger samantha w said...

yeah..everytime i hear people saying that, i can sense like they're very proud of themselves coz stating that makes them feel like got attitude u know..but then to me i just feel their thinking is so childish! ARGH!

12:06 PM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

:-) thanks for agreeing.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home