where the world is perfect but i am not

Monday, September 22, 2008

My 2 cents worth

1. I trust that everyone is busy in their own way. I am also busy, but more often I take my time in doing so many things. Sometimes I take an hour to finish my fish and chips and sometimes I take twenty minutes to walk to school when I can reach there in five minutes by cycling.

2. We are all rational beings, hence we concede that more is always good. That is why we always want more. More food, more wealth, more time, more children, more option. Even when we know our resources are limited, we still demand more and more of everything.

3. That is also the reason why democracy always prevails. Because it offers people more choices to choose from. To the extend that, one day we will be stopped from helping the poor, because according to pure democracy, if a person is poor, it is because he choose to be. If a beggar lives on the street, it is because he chose to beg.

4. But if you live in India, beggars believe that they beg because in the previous life, they must have done something so wrong, that in this life they are punished. They call this karmic effect.

5. A few days ago, the world bank put in about $600billionUSD to save the market economy. Just exactly how much is $600billionUSD?

6. Researches say, if we have $2billionUSD, we can cure malaria.

7. They also say, if we have $6billionUSD, we can solve poverty in the world.

8. That is a scale to approximately show how much $600billionUSD actually is.

9. The real question is, why are they saving the economy, instead of saving the world?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home