where the world is perfect but i am not

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Liberation of psyche

I am liberated from the domination of foreign powers! My finals are now over and I can get as yobbier as I can. I don’t even know if that word exists or not. But who cares.

We went for a movie the other day and watched ‘ACCEPTED.’ It was the first movie I voluntarily wanted to watch without any hesitation and don’t know any of the actors inside. However, gratefully so, I am glad it was a great movie. Although unfair, I normally judge a movie by its script. Give me a movie with a good script, doesn’t matter how desiccated the actors are or how expatiate the story is, keep me in the aviary, hang me on the wall, make me look at that rebarbative face of yours, I will still say it is a great movie.

After watching the movie, I felt lethargic; must have killed most of my brain cells during my finals memorizing facts. We went to the book store and I bought a book I’ve always wanted to buy. Oddly, I have grown accustom to read something written by a Chinese author – ha jin, xiaokang, etc. rather than any western authors. I wonder if any of you encounter the same problem as me.

At the end of the day, I thought I would have met some of my friends while hanging around but I didn’t meet anyone. Restraining myself from going bonkers (I was really excited after law paper), I was able to potter patiently in the plaza. Once in awhile imploring for familiar faces but met no one. Eventually I gave up and decided to leave the place. Shopping malls aren’t really the place for me. For now at least. They make me feel very poor and that is a very wrong place to be if it is so. It is like crossing the I’s and dotting the T’s.

Nonetheless, I am in high spirits. Scientifically speaking, I have no ADD (attention deficiency disease) like some people. So do not worry, I am still normal. Just for your knowledge, I am writing this standing on one leg. It’s nauseating and I am ending now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Genova said...

who has got ADD.

9:41 AM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

you, the ADD king.

2:11 PM  
Blogger wonderbunny said...

there's this Chinese author that i really like, Anhua Gao. heard of her? i find her book (To The Edge of The Sky) very interesting and i even persuaded my mom to read it.

4:51 PM  
Blogger 毓涵 said...

you can borrow me next time...:)

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home