where the world is perfect but i am not

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Chimera

This isn't what i expected. I have imagined getting ready for my first day of college year many times, but i never pictured it in a lecture room in KDU mansion, where people wander around like political refugees. After thirteen years in the school district of Butterworth, i am spending my degree years in KDU. For the rest of my life i will have a degree from KDU. As long as i live, i will be getting notices of prom nights and reunions from my pals in KDU.

I picture the walls of the place painted bright shimmering yellow and the cafeteria waitresses serving dessicated bananas all day long. I picture all the girls are wearing rainbow colours. I picture cute slogans and rhyming aphorisms on their murals. I picture a round sun shining over tall oaks and a fountain sparkling happily in the lobby. I picture the benches sighing sympathetically at each other. I picture new faces. I don't picture me.

That doesn't really make you want to weep for me, does it?

There is a saying , " Don't be part of the problem, be but part of the solution." I took it to heart. I guess that is why i haven't really told anyone about how strange this is for me. I have been through so little compared to so many people. I have nothing to complain about. I guess that is why i am wearing a yellow shirt today even though my mood is so grey.

2 Comments:

Blogger wonderbunny said...

u in kdu d? ooo.. i just linked u up, but dunno which pic to put. so i put turtle pic there le.. hope u dun mind, since ur nick is turtlerock. hehe.

10:34 AM  
Blogger samantha w said...

yo..hmph...u tink too much le

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home